Palliative & End of Life Care Services Blackpool
We deliver person-centred care alongside the Palliative team, with empathy, kindness and dignity for people who are considered to be in the last days of life.
When providing end of life care, we ensure to:
- Treat people compassionately
- Listen to people
- Communicate clearly and sensitively
- Identify and meet the communication needs of each individual
- Acknowledge pain and distress and take action
- Recognise when someone may be entering the last few days and hours of life
- Involve people in decisions about their care and respect their wishes
- Keep the person who is reaching the end of their life and those important to them up to date with any changes in condition
- Document a summary of conversations and decisions
- Seek further advice if needed
- Although challenging and emotionally demanding, when you are supported to have the right skills, knowledge and attitude, end of life care can be very rewarding.
“Palliative Care is about putting life into a patient’s days not days into their lives” – Nairobi Hospice